Hello there girls!
Summer is here! What other recipes can we do on summer besides making an ice cold drink?
We want to share this Summer Salad Recipe we saw from FiestaFarms.
Layered Cornbread and Turkey Salad!
Check it out! :)
|Layered Cornbread and Turkey Salad|
1 (6 ounces) package buttermilk cornbread mix
1 (12 ounces) bottle Parmesan-peppercorn dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 (9 ounces) package romaine lettuce, shredded
2 1/2 cups chopped smoked turkey (3/4 pounds) * or you can use chicken
2 Large Yellow Bell Peppers, chopped
2 Large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 Red onion, chopped
1 cup Diced celery (about 3 celery ribs)
2 cups (8 ounces) Shredded Swiss Cheese
10 Bacon Slices, cooked and crumbled
2 Green Onions, Sliced
- Prepare cornbread according to package directions; cool and crumble. Set aside.
- Stir together dressing, mayonnaise, and buttermilk until blended.
- Layer crumbled cornbread, shredded lettuce, and next 7 ingredients evenly into 6 (3- to 4-cup) glass containers; spoon half of dressing mixture evenly over tops. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or up to 24 hours. Sprinkle with green onions just before serving. Serve with remaining half of dressing mixture on the side.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Martha White Buttermilk Cornbread Mix and Girard's Parmesan-Peppercorn Dressing. We used 3-cup marquis-shaped canning jars with lid and screw ring.
- To make 1 large salad: Layer half each of crumbled cornbread, shredded lettuce, and next 7 ingredients in a large glass bowl; spoon half of dressing mixture evenly over top. Repeat layers ending with dressing mixture. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Sprinkle top with green onions just before serving. Prep: 45 min., Chill: 8 hrs.
- Layered Southwest Cornbread-and-Turkey Salad: Substitute 1 (6-ounce) package Mexican cornbread mix for 1 (6-ounce) package buttermilk cornbread mix; 1 (16-ounce) bottle buttermilk-Ranch dressing for Parmesan-peppercorn dressing; 1 (8-ounce) package finely shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses with jalapeño peppers for shredded Swiss cheese; and 1 (11-ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained, and 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained, for yellow bell peppers. Prepare recipe as directed, omitting mayonnaise.
- Thank's to Joanna L. Hay, Arcadia, Florida, Southern Living JUNE 2005, for this Recipe :)♥Summer Salad♥